04 Jul Beating Burnout: The Medical Condition
Recently, the World Health Organization classified burnout as a diagnosable medical condition caused by chronic high stress in the workplace.
I’m here to help you avoid burnout as best as you can!
As professionals become more tethered to work through smartphones and constantly connectivity, it can be harder to unplug and recharge. However, taking breaks is crucial to beating burnout!
Here are my top tips for combating burnout:
- Take your vacation days to actually recharge, refill and unplug.
- Put the phone down when you get home, even for small increments of time.
- Set boundaries, know when to say no – you can’t be all things to all people all the time.
- Talk to someone you trust, like a doctor, coach or mentor about getting the tools to combat it.
- Make yourself a priority, and schedule self-care time in your calendar to keep yourself accountable and actually do it.
If you prioritize and take care of yourself, everyone wins – family and coworkers included!